How Write Words Works
- Select list and test child on all spellings.
- Make a list of the spellings the child got wrong - this is now their word list.
- Write out the first six spellings from their word list.
- Show child first spelling for 10 secs.
- Child attempts spelling.
- If spelling is wrong, write out spelling 4 times correctly.
- If spelling is correct, continue to second word and repeat process.
- Practise all 6 words daily.
- At the end of the week, test the child on the 6 spellings.
- If the child gets the spelling correct, cross the word off their list.
- If the child gets the spelling wrong, keep it and that word will roll over into the second week.
- Each week there should be 6 spellings to practise.
- I.E if child got 4 out of 6 in their spelling test, then they keep the 2 spellings they got wrong and add 4 new words.