History of Ethelbert Road School
Ethelbert Road Primary School was built in 1907 and was originally an Infant school with a boys school next door. In 1983, the boys school merged with Lady Capel School for Girls. They then became the Abbey School. For some time, the buildings of both schools were used with children going from one campus to another across the very busy A2 London road. Eventually, new buildings were built on the Lady Capel campus and Ethelbert Road Boys School was sold and converted into housing.
Ethelbert Road Infant School was turned into a primary school and had a pan of 111. The school grew in popularity and it now has a pan of 210.