The Subject Leader Role
- Having oversight of curriculum coverage and ensuring that the curriculum meets national requirements
- Ensuring that colleagues are aware of expectations
- Action planning for future development
- Ensuring that appropriate resources are in place to deliver a rich and challenging curriculum.
- Ensuring that teaching within the subject is strong and promotes the acquisition of key knowledge, building on prior learning
- Leading professional development, providing guidance and support to colleagues
- Oversee assessment
- Making best use of financial and human resources to impact on standards
- Promoting the subject and championing the subject with colleagues and pupils.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of teaching and the impact on learning and standards
- Evaluating and summarising all aspects of the subject to define next steps for improvement.