Letters and Sounds
Phase 6 - Revising _ful suffix
Can you remember how to add the _ful suffix to words? Remember that the _ful suffix means 'full of' something, for example, if someone is hopeful then they are full of hope.
Can you add the _ful suffix to these words and then choose 5 of your words and write then in sentences?
Mrs Willis’s Group - Sentence reading
Today we will do some sentence activities. Ask you child to use their skills in segmenting and then blending to read these sentences:
- Fred and Brett spent a week in Spain.
- I kept bumping into things in the dark.
- Milk is good for children’s teeth.
- The clown did tricks with a chimpanzee.
- The frog jumps in the pond and swims off.
- I must not tramp on the flowers.
- A crab crept into a crack in the rock.
- A drip from the tap drops in the sink.
- I can hear twigs snapping in the wind.
- It is fun to camp in a tent.
Can your child draw sound buttons to segment these words?
Here is an example of sound buttons:
The document is attached here: