Today we will learn about statements and exclamations.
Task 1: Can you decide whether these are statements or exclamations. The punctuation marks will give you a clue!
- Dragons exist only in stories.
- "How lucky they were to escape the dragon!"
- After break we have our Maths lesson.
- What a hard maths problem this is!
- The capital of China is Beijing.
- The cat is meowing because she is hungry.
- How cold it is today!
Task 2: Write either a statement or exclamation for each picture (or challenge yourself to write 2 sentences for each picture). Don't forget to include either a full stop or an exclamation mark at the end. There is a pdf below if you want to print a worksheet out.