Elements of subject leader role
- Link oversight of the curriculum coverage and ensuring the curriculum meet meet national requirements
- Ensuring that colleagues are aware of expectations
- Action planning for future development
- Ensuring that appropriate resources are in place to deliver a rich and challenging curriculum.
- Ensuring that teaching within the subject to strong and promotes the acquisition of key knowledge, building on prior learning
- Leading professional development, providing guidance to support colleagues
- Oversee assessment
- Making best use of financial and human resources to impact standards
- Promoting the subject and champion the subject with colleagues and pupils.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of teaching and the impact on learning and standards
- Evaluating and summarise in all aspects of their subject to design next steps for improvement.