There is no Reading Comprehension this week. Instead, please spend a week simply enjoying your reading, whatever it may be!
Night in the Desert Diary
Can you imagine spending a night in a tent ... in the desert? Your task this week is to imagine that you've just woken up after spending a night in the desert and then write your diary.
- What was the temperature like?
- Did you see any scorpions?
- Did you need to get up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night?!!
- Did you hear the fennec foxes scurrying around?
- Were you scared that a snake might enter the tent?
- Did your hear your camel snoring outside?
- What did you see in the sky? Were the stars shining brightly?
This is a great writing task, I think that you will enjoy it. Remember to write your diary in the past tense, eg. Last night I heard …. Suddenly I saw …
There are documents and some clips below to help you with this writing.
After you have written your desert diary, can you count how many of these word types you have used:
- Verbs (past tense)
Can you use the list of regular Past Tense verbs attached below to play a game. Close your eyes, choose any word and see if you can write the verb in the present tense (without the _ed suffix).
Please revise any of the Phase 5 alternative spellings on https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Months of the Year (remember CLs!)