Reading and Writing
This week, our English sessions will focus on play scripts. You have all been involved in a play at some point during your time at Ethelbert Road, so you all know how exciting it is to bring your character to life, and work as a team to create a really special performance!
Firstly, watch this BBC Class Clip as an introduction to plays, just to refresh your memory!
Little Red Riding Hood Play Script
Now you are ready to write your own play script! I would like you to write a script that interests you. Here are some suggestions:
- Write another scene for the Little Red Riding Hood story.
- Write a short play script inspired by your reading of The Wind in the Willows.
- You could write a script linked to your Aztec learning. What about the meeting of the two leaders: Hernan Cortes and Moctezuma. How might they react? What would they say?
- Write a short script based on Aztec beliefs about the gods and their idea of creation.
- If you prefer, you can write a script based on a book you are reading at the moment.
- You may wish to write a script about something that is topical at the moment: lockdown, BLM, transition to secondary school... infact anything that interests you!
Please send me a copy of your script and I will ask Onyx bubble to perform it!
I have attached, below, a checklist to support you! I hope you enjoy being a script writer!
There are two short comprehensions for year 5 this week. The first is related to the play script topic and the second is a 20 minute timed comprehension to help you keep skills sharp!
Adding verb prefix