Yesterday, you learnt about the 4 types of sentences. Can you remember all 4 of them? Today, we will be learning about questions and commands in more detail, linked to a story from China, 'The Magic Paintbrush'.
Task 1: Can you decide whether these sentences are questions or commands? Challenge: can you tell a grown-up which punctuation mark you would use at the end of each sentence?
- Go back to the classroom
- Can you see if there is anyone there
- Finish your lunch and then go out to play
- How high will your kite fly
- Do you think it is windy enough
- What is the capital of China
- Seize that boy
- Which continent is China in
- Eat all of your dinner
Task 3: Write either a question or command for these scenes from The Magic Paintbrush. You could print out the pdf file if you want to (below).