English Grammar and Punctuation
LO: I can write sentences in the PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE PROGRESSIVE TENSES.
Yesterday, you learnt about these three new tenses. In order to consolidate your learning, I would like you to write your own sentences to describe what IS HAPPENING in the picture below.
Present Progressive Tense
- It is raining.
- We are watching the rays of sunshine cast light upon the sea.
- Bernie, who is a caring and wise elephant, is shielding his friend from the incessant rain.
Past Progressive Tense
- The sun was shining upon the friends.
- We were feeling a little low, but then, suddenly, the sun began to shine.
- The storm was passing, and we were beginning to see the light.
Future Progressive Tense
- They will be feeling much better once the rain stops.
- "The sun and the rain will be creating a rainbow soon," said Bernie. "Just you wait and see."
- "I am your friend, and I will always be looking out for you!"
Now write your own sentences using these three tenses.