Recommended Reading Lists
Miss Tucker’s top ten children’s books
Here is my list of ten of my favourite children’s books. These are just ten of my favourite children’s books. I think I would have found it easier to have written a list of 100 favourite children’s books!
- ‘The Lion, the Witch and the wardrobe’, part of the Chronicles of Narnia series, by C.S. Lewis.
- ‘Malory Towers: First term’, part of the Malory Towers series, by Enid Blyton.
- ‘It was a dark and stormy night’, by Janet and Allan Ahlberg.
- ‘Little Rabbit Foo Foo’, by Michael Rosen.
- ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’, part of the Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling.
- ‘Smashing Saxons’, part of the horrible histories series, by Terry Deary.
- ‘Leon and the Place Between’, by Angela McAllister and Grahame Baker-Smith.
- ‘Mr Bump’, part of the Mr Men series, by Roger Hargreaves.
- ‘Fantastically great women who made history’, by Kate Pankhurst
- ‘Myths and Legends of the World’, retold by Alli Brydon.
Mrs Snelling’s top ten children’s books
Here are my top ten children’s books, in no particular order.
- ‘Where the wild things are', by Maurice Sendak.
- 'Northern Lights', part of the His dark materials trilogy, by Philip Pullman.
- 'Winnie-the-Pooh', by A.A.Milne.
- 'The Lion, the Witch and the wardrobe’, part of the Chronicles of Narnia series, by C.S. Lewis.
- ‘The diary of a Young Girl', by Anne Frank.
- 'Kensuke's Kingdom', by Michael Morpurgo.
- 'The Snail and the Whale', by Julia Donaldson.
- 'The Cat in the Hat', by Dr Seuss.
- 'The boy in the striped pyjamas', by John Boyne.
- 'A Squash and a Squeeze', by Julia Donaldson.