Languages at Secondary School
Good luck with your onward journey to learn languages at your chosen secondary school.
Top tips from Señora T:
- Learn the topic vocabulary and grammar as it is set so that you build up a brilliant bank of words that you can use for all topics. Keep looking back at your notes to help it to really "stick".
- Listen to the programmes that you love in the target language - you can add subtitles in English. Netflix, Amazon, Disney etc all have this feature... By doing this you will accustom yourself to hearing a foreign language and build up some new words too.
- Get a good dictionary in the language - REMEMBER...DO NOT TRUST GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!!!! A suggested dictionary for language learning would be "Collins Easy Learning dictionaries".
- Keep your work organised well as you cover each topic.
- Use apps such as Duolingo or BBC Bitesize to help make your learning fun - little and often is key to successful language learning.
Click the links below for your chosen school's Foreign Language Learning curriculum information area:
(If I have missed out your new Secondary school then please do let me know)
The Whitstable School