Think of a feeling word. It could be happy, angry, worried, ecstatic...any word you like.
Then, think about the following questions:
- If you could explain where in the body someone would experience that feeling, where would it be?
- If the feeling had a colour, what colour would it be?
- If it had a shape, what shape would it be?
- If it had a texture, what texture would it be?
- If the feeling were an image or a picture, what would this be?
- If the feeling had a sound, what sound would this be?
Try this again with a different feeling word that relates to an entirely different emotion.
Why not also try some mindfulness breathing exercising this week? I find these very soothing when I'm feeling a little stressed.