This term, we are going to think about Love Songs! This goes along with our theme of Love from Romeo and Juliet. We will explore different songs from the 1996 movie soundtrack and think about how they portray different emotions and themes. We will also look at different genres of music and how they convey love in different ways - sometimes even using the same lyrics!
This week, I would like you to listen to 'O Verona' - this version contains the prologue within it. This piece of music was composed by Craig Armstrong specifically for the opening of Baz Lurhmann 1996 film version of the play.
- What instruments can you hear?
- How does this song make you feel?
- What mood does this set for the story to come?
- Do you think the music matches the prologue appropriately?
- What do you think the music tells us about 'Romeo and Juliet'?