Reading and Writing
This week, our English sessions will focus on play scripts. You have all been involved in a play at some point during your time at Ethelbert Road, so you all know how exciting it is to bring your character to life, and work as a team to create a really special performance!
Firstly, watch this BBC Class Clip as an introduction to plays, just to refresh your memory!
Play Script: Little Red Riding Hood
Analysis of Script
Now you are ready to write your own play script! I would like you to write a script that interests you. Here are some suggestions:
- Write another scene for the Little Red Riding Hood story.
- Write a short play script inspired by your reading of The Wind in the Willows.
- You could write a script linked to your Aztec learning. What about the meeting of the two leaders: Hernan Cortes and Moctezuma. How might they react? What would they say?
- Write a short script based on Aztec beliefs about the gods and their idea of creation.
- If you prefer, you can write a script based on a book you are reading at the moment.
- You may wish to write a script about something that is topical at the moment: lockdown, BLM, transition to secondary school... infact anything that interests you!
Please send me a copy of your script and I will ask Onyx bubble to perform it!
I have attached, below, a checklist to support you! I hope you enjoy being a script writer!
Play Script Checklist
Here is a short comprehension on play scripts
Grammar and Punctuation
Test your knowledge of Year 6 grammar with this fun challenge grid!
Work through these crosswords to practise some tricky spellings from the Year 5/6 spelling list.