What is a 'Digital Leader'?
A Digital Leader is a pupil who is part of a Digital Leaders Team within a school, whose role it is to support the use and to further the development of ICT in school.
At Ethelbert Road we work in collaboration with 5 other schools to train our Digital Leaders to support their peers. On this training day pupils are then given training and support to develop specific areas of ICT expertise. Once a pupil gains an area of expertise, staff may then request the use of the Digital Leader for a variety of different roles.
Typically, things that may be performed by a Digital Leader could be:
- Test and review new ICT resources, which could be websites, software or hardware.
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Set up ICT equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Attend and lead Computing Clubs.
- Support teachers in using ICT in the classroom.
- Create how-to video, posters and/or help guides.